Students who love this profession can get top-notch training and experience in the welding industry, but for that it is essential to choose an affordable and reputable welding school. Fortunately, most welding schools offer not only live-based programs but online programs as well, their schedule is very flexible and tailored to meet the requirements and schedules of the students.
Popular Texas Welder Training
- Offers several program options in healthcare and wellness, skilled trades, and business.
- Provides career assistance services including resume and cover letter writing, interview prep, and professional partnerships with regional employers for employment opportunities.
- Classes start every month.
- Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) for the San Antonio branch.
- 5 campuses in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Weslaco.
- Combination Welding
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Since 1969, MIAT College of Technology has helped thousands of individuals get the industry-relevant skills, experience and connections it takes to pursue rewarding technical careers.
- After more than 45 years in technical career education, MIAT has built an excellent reputation and strong working relationships with top employers.
- As an MIAT student today you'll benefit from the proud legacy of success and continued good name of MIAT within the technical training industry.
- MIAT programs are developed in direct response to feedback from industry leaders looking for qualified employees.
- MIAT partners with employers to develop programs specifically tailored to fit their needs.
- As an MIAT student you will get the relevant, up-to-date skills employers look for.
- Aviation Maintenance Technology - AAS
- Airframe and Powerplant Technician - Certificate
- Universal Tech Institute
- Jumpstart your Auto Tech Career! Call to Enroll at a UTI School.
- Automotive Technology
- Automotive programs include Automotive Technology, Collision Repair and Refinishing, Diesel Technology, and Heavy Equipment.
- ASE-Certified Instructors help students prepare for a career as an Auto Technician.
- Students get hands-on training and learn by working under the hood.
- Automotive Technology
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer
- Construction Technology
- Auto Mechanics
- Marine Specialist
During these programs, students will learn everything they need to know about this, from arc welding and the most common symbols used in welding to underwater welding, shipfitting and such – welding schools offer theoretical and practical training that will benefit the worker after graduation.
The Median Yearly Salary Of A Pipe Welder In Texas
Given the fact that the welding industry is always expanding, companies are always looking for experienced and well-trained professionals and the salaries vary based on the institution in question, as well as the experience of the welder. Industrial welders and T.I.G. welders are extremely sought-after in Texas, and they can easily make around $70,000 per year. However, in order to receive such a high payment the welder must meet the quality standards of the company and must be familiar with all types of welding processes – an entry-level welder can earn around $25 per hour.
Continuing Education In The Welding Industry
In addition to providing high-quality training, most institutions also help their students find a workplace after graduation, as they provide assistance regarding student placement with various contractors. The training usually lasts around three months and they include lecture, booth instruction, practice and the final exam. All the courses will be held only by professionals with teaching abilities, who have in-depth knowledge regarding the art of welding.
The program is quite complex and it involves courses about arc welding, pipe welding, sheet metal and other areas of the welding industry. However, those who already have some experience in the field can choose advanced submerged arc welding courses, or they can opt for advanced pipe welding training, etc. The training involves seminars, preparation courses and exams and, in order to become certified welders, students will have to pass the exam.
Before you enroll in such a program, make sure that the Texas training school is accredited and the teaching program has a certificate of verified achievement – only this way students will get internationally verified and recognized qualifications. Nowadays, the welding course is split into wet welding training, which basically refers to underwater welding, and dry welding training.
Map of Texas
Taking about tuition fees, it must be mentioned that the price for the full course basically varies based on institution, although the average price is around $14,000. The tuition fee is usually linked to the reputation and the location of the institution – the more reputable and conveniently located the institution, the higher the tuition fee.
Be sure to check out these trades that are in HUGE demand as well: